The Yoga Mum Circle
Disconnect to Reconnect: Find Yourself and Your Village.
Whether You Are:
What To Expect
Restorative Yoga is a form of ‘active relaxation’ in which your body is supported by yoga props including yoga bolsters, blocks and blankets in seated and supine poses that are held for between 3 and 15 minutes. You’ll feel held and supported physically, mentally and emotionally allowing you to deeply relax and let go.
Sitting in circle is an ancient tool that women have used for wellbeing since the dawn of time. You're invited to experience the magic of women coming together with a shared intention to celebrate each other and experience something deeply powerful and invigorating for the heart and soul.
Benefits of The Yoga Mum Circle
- Sitting in Circle with other mums, listening to their stories, helps you connect and realise you’re not alone.
- Sharing from our hearts, we get to share in the celebration of our successes and honour each other’s challenges and struggles.
- Showing up and connecting with other local mums prevents loneliness and isolation.
- Friendships can be established or deepened within circle, with women you would never cross paths with, or think that you would have anything in common.
- Sitting in circle with women boosts oxytocin- a hormone responsible for reducing stress and overwhelm (and producing breast milk and bonding with your baby).
- Connection and Relaxation improves your mood and decreases the likelihood of postpartum mood disorders.
- Restorative Yoga soothes your nervous system and promote relaxation.
- Yoga Nidra has the same benefit as 3 hours sleep.
- Meditation calms your mind and reduces anxiety.
Upcoming Circle: TBC
Includes: Women’s Circle, Restorative Yoga, Organic Tea & Treats.
Who’s this circle for?
Women anywhere along the path of motherhood with or without yoga and meditation experience.
Do I need to book online or can I just show up?
Please book online as spaces are limited.
Can I get a refund or transfer my spot to the next circle?
Unfortunately I’m unable to refund you for missed sessions so unless you’re unwell, do your best to come along.
What do I need to bring?
Please bring a yoga mat, cushion, blanket, eyepillow or mask and a journal or notebook and pen.
What do I wear?
Clothes that are stretchy, comfy and make you feel good. Layering is best in case you get hot or cold. No shoes or socks are necessary.
Got more questions?
Call Me (Melissa): 0452 580 005 or email me: email@example.com
From Mamatoto Blog
A Step By Step Guide to Planning Your Virtual Mother Blessing
If your family and friends live far away, you can still gather them for a Virtual Mother Blessing to celebrate you and your transition to mother. A Mother Blessing is similar to a baby shower but instead of the women in your Village celebrating your baby by showering...
Finding Certainty In The Uncertainty During Pregnancy
“It all begins and ends in your mind. What you give power to, has power over you, if you allow it” No doubt you’re grieving at the moment for the baby shower you can’t have, the babymoon you can’t go on, the face to face birth education classes you planned to do with...
Doing Yoga Online Doesn’t Have To Be Daunting
If you've only ever done yoga in a studio, the thought of doing it in your living room via Zoom can be daunting, but it doesn’t have to be. My first yoga class, 20 years ago was via a yoga video (yep you heard right, a VHS!) in my living room when I was living in...