Labour TENS Machine Hirefor Natural Pain relief
TENS is a safe, effective, drug-free method of pain relief to help you manage the intensity of surges during labour.
What is a TENS for Labour?TENS (or transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation) consists of a handheld, battery- operated, portable device that is connected by fine leads to four flat pads. The machine sends small, safe pulses of electrical current via the leads to the pads on your skin. The pulses pass through your skin and into your muscles and tissues. This gives you a gentle tingling or buzzing sensation, which may be stronger or weaker, depending on the setting level.
- Can be used at home during early labour or for a homebirth
- Can be stopped anytime and doesn’t have any residual effect
- You’re in control of frequency and strength of the pulses
- Can be used in conjunction with analgesics, such as pethidine or gas-and-air
- Allows you to stay active during labour
- Can’t be used in the shower or bath
- Your birth partner will need to put the pads on your back
- Your birth partner will need to do light touch massage around the pads
Why Hire Elle TENS 2 for labour:
- Boost Button: you can use to match intensity of surges as your labour progresses
- Built- In Surge timer
- Easy to read user display
- Pre set modes for ease of use
- Neck cord and belt clip for mobility
Elle TENS 2 hire includes:
- 4 week hire of Elle TENS 2, inbuilt contraction timer and Birth mode.
- 4 x brand new reusable electrode pads
- 2 x leadwires
- Neck cord / lanyard
- A carry pouch
- Easy to read instruction card
*batteries not included
4 week hire of Elle TENS Plus
(plus $100 security deposit)
Pick Up from Birth Of A Mum, Milton NSW
Do I need to pay a bond?
A bond of $100 is payable at the time of hiring, which is fully refundable* when your unit is returned at the end of the hire period.
What if we break, damage or lose the Elle TENS Plus?
What if we don't use the Elle TENS Plus?
Got more questions?
From Mamatoto Blog
If your family and friends live far away, you can still gather them for a Virtual Mother Blessing to celebrate you and your transition to mother. A Mother Blessing is similar to a baby shower but instead of the women in your Village celebrating your baby by showering...
“It all begins and ends in your mind. What you give power to, has power over you, if you allow it” No doubt you’re grieving at the moment for the baby shower you can’t have, the babymoon you can’t go on, the face to face birth education classes you planned to do with...
If you've only ever done yoga in a studio, the thought of doing it in your living room via Zoom can be daunting, but it doesn’t have to be. My first yoga class, 20 years ago was via a yoga video (yep you heard right, a VHS!) in my living room when I was living in...